Mahindra will debut the comprehensively facelifted Scorpio SUV in India, on the 25th of September, 2014. Bookings of the facelifted Scorpio are now open to existing Scorpio owners, and from the 18th of September, will be open to all prospective buyers.
The booking amount has been pegged at 20,000 rupees and naturally, folks pre-booking the SUV will get prioritized deliveries. The 2014 Scorpio Facelift’s production has already been kickstarted at Mahindra’s Nashik factory, with the automaker keen on building up a 5,000 unit inventory before launching the facelifted version of the hugely popular SUV.
The facelifted Scorpio SUV will initially be available in five variants, S2, S4, S6, S8 and S10. All variants will be rear wheel driven and will use 5 speed manual transmissions. The four wheel drive and automatic transmission equipped Scorpio Facelift variants will launched in due course of time. Two new colours, Molten Red and Regal Blue, have been added to the 5 paint palette, whose other options include Diamond White, Silver Mist and Fiery Black.
In terms of the seating split up of the different variants, here’s a brief overview of what the SUV will come with.
- S2 variant gets 7 (side) and 9 (side) seat options, with the 2.5 liter M2DiCR turbo diesel engine with 75 Bhp-220 Nm outputs.
- S4 variant replaces the M2DiCR diesel motor with the 2.2 liter mHawk turbo diesel engine, and retains the 7 (side) and 9 (side) seat options.
- S6 variant comes in 7 (side) seat and 8 (front) seat variants.
- S8 variant comes in 7 (side), 7 (captain) and 8 (front) seat variants.
- S10 variant retains the seating options of the S8 variant.
The Scorpio Facelift SUV gets a hydroformed ladder frame chassis and a new 5 speed manual transmission. Apart from brand new styling, upgraded interiors and a rash of new features, the top-end Scorpio Facelift variants will get twin airbags, ABS+EBD, cruise control, reverse parking sensors, rain sensitive wipers and automatic headlamps.