Snapshot: In the next few weeks, Tata Motors will launch the Vista Tech variant, an improved version of the Vista hatchback that will keep things ticking at the hustings. The Vista Tech variant will be available with two turbo diesel engines and a solitary 5 speed manual gearbox.
Tata Motors has refreshed the Vista hatchback with feature and mechanical changes. The refreshed variants of the Vista, known as the Tech models, will be launched in the next few weeks at prices similar to those of the outgoing variants of the hatchback.
The Vista Tech will be available with the 1.4 liter TDI (70 Bhp-140 Nm) and 1.3 liter Fiat Multijet (75 Bhp-190 Nm) turbo diesel engines, in two variants each, LS TDI and LX TDI, LX Quadrajet and VX Tech Quadrajet. Tata Motors has discontinued the D90 and Safire 90 Petrol variants of the Vista on account of poor demand.
Here is the list of various changes and improvements on the 2014 Vista Tech variants:
- Instrumentation console positioned in front of the driver.
- Revised dual path suspension that supposedly reduces weight and strut noise, and improves ride quality and steering return-ability.
- Cable type door locks that supposedly improves door shut feel, boosts reliability and longevity.
- Revised master clutch design for weight reduction, improved clutch life and lighter operation.
- Teflon coated headliners for dust and water resistance.
- Low current combi switch for better reliability and longevity
- Revised nexteer rack and pinion system for steering
The Vista Tech’s top end VX variant come with ABS+EBD, steering mounted audio controls and automatic climate control. The car is known for its class leading interiors in terms of the space on offer and the comfort it ensconces its occupants in. Tata Motors will unveil a completely revamped Vista, code-named the Falcon 4 at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. Click here to read more.