Renault India has updated the Duster for the 2015 model year. The upgradation is an extensive affair, with a bevy of features being added to the SUV making it a well rounded buy in its segment. Many of these changes, first seen on the all wheel drive (AWD) variants, are now available on the front wheel driven vehicle too. The prices of the updated 015 Duster start at 8.3 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. While features have been added, the mechanicals remain unchanged. The SUV is sold with petrol and turbo diesel engine options, with front and all wheel drive modes.
In terms of new features, the front wheel driven (2WD) variants of the 2015 Renault Duster SUV get the following,
- Armrest for front seats for better comfort on longer drives
- Soft-touch dashboard plastics that add an air of premiumness to the cabin
- Revised seat fabric
- Cruise control with a speed limiter function
- Revised instrument cluster
- Eco-mode that boost fuel efficiency by balancing power and torque to optimum levels
- New steering column
- Revised multi-information display (MID) with gear shift indicator and service due reminder
- Speed sensitive door locks
- Better insulation to reduce noise, vibration and harshness levels in the cabin
- Lane change functionality integrated to the turn indicator stalks
In terms of engines and transmissions, the 1.6 liter petrol motor (ARAI certified 13.24 Kmpl) with 102 Bhp-148 Nm sits at the bottom of the Duster range, and gets a 5 speed manual gearbox that drives its front wheels. The other engine options include the 1.5 liter K9K turbo diesel motor available in two states of tune – 84 Bhp-200 Nm-19.87 Kmpl and 108 Bhp-245 Nm-19.64 Kmpl. The lower output version of this engine uses a five speed manual transmission with the higher output option making do with a 6 speeder. Front wheel drive is standard on all engines except on the 108 Bhp diesel mill, which gets an additional option of an all wheel drive layout.