Audi India has just launched its Audi RS5 Sports Coupé in India with a sticker price of Rs. 95.28 lakh, ex-showroom Maharashtra. This Audi RS5 Sports Coupé is a blend of sports car and sedan, a car that you could take to work everyday and drive to the race track on the weekend.
Audi already sells a range of sports cars that can also be used on regular roads such as the Audi R8, R8 V10, RS5, Audi S4 and Audi TT. The company will soon be launching the Audi S6 in a couple of weeks. Also read: Audi A6 Special Edition first drive: Makes a statement
The Audi RS5 is has the strong Audi family look and is unmistakable from the front. In styling, there’s a passing resemblance to the Audi A7 Sportback. It is a two-door coupé with a spacious cabin for four occupants. It is targeted at those who love driving, but yet want a car that has a classy, sophisticated look and not an outright sportscar look.
Of course, under the hood, this car packs quite a punch. This car is powered by a 4.2 litre (4163 cc) V8 engine putting out 450 bhp of power at 8250 rpm and a whopping 430 Nm of torque with this turbocharged engine mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission with Audi’s standard Quattro all-wheel drive system.
It has all the bells and whistles you would want in a sportscar that’s also your everyday car – different modes for the suspension, sport mode, ESP etc. The body also gets a retractable spoiler that helps in high-speed handling. Safety kit includes eight airbags and performance ABS brakes, while entertainment is taken care of by a Bang & Olufsen sound system.
Audi now is India’s leading luxury car maker selling 4846 cars in the first half of this year, growing 21 percent over the previous year. It now has 26 dealerships in place, which it plans to expand to 34 dealerships by the end of the year. Also read: Audi R8 supercar experience on the F1 track
Also Read: Audi Q5 road test and review: An impressive all-rounder
At a glance: New Audi RS 5 Coupé
– High-revving, normally aspirated V8 displacing 4,163 cc
– 331 kW (450 hp) at 8,250 rpm; peak torque 430 Nm from 4,000 to 6,000 rpm
– 0 to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds; top speed of 250 km/h
– EU cycle fuel consumption just 10.5 liters per 100 km
– Recuperation system and additional efficiency technologies – Standard
– 7 speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission
– quattro® with (self-locking) crown-gear center differential and torque vectoring
– Audi drive select driving dynamics system, optional dynamic steering
– High-performance brakes
– ESP stabilization program with Sport mode can be deactivated
– Sport suspension plus, with Dynamic Ride Control variable damping available as an
– Elegant coupe design with distinctive sporty accents
– Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED taillights
– Flared wheel wells front and rear, side extensions
– RS Body styling – Speed Activated Retractable Rear Spoiler
Interior and controls
– Exclusive interior with Matt brushed aluminium inlays
– Power-adjustable S sport seats; climate-controlled comfort seats available as options
– Specially designed instruments with lap timer and oil temperature gauge
– Optional Bang & Olufsen sound system
– Airbags (Full size, Front side and Head)
– Audi Parking System Plus