What are some of the best performance cars, or top sports cars in India? What makes them high-performance car models? Today, we are looking at the top-end automatic variants of the Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Nissan Magnite. Let’s see how these variants compare with each other in terms of performance.
In this article, we will share
- What a performance enthusiast should look for in a car
- Maruti Suzuki Fronx vs Nissan Magnite – a comprehensive analysis of their top-end automatic variants, their performance and features
- How to pick the right car for you
What a Performance Enthusiast Looks for in a Car
Here’s what to look for in a car as a performance enthusiast:
- Acceleration and Speed – How quickly a car accelerates, what is its top speed
- Power – How it pulls weight, how is its high speed stability, does it feel strained while going up the hills, or with AC on
- Agility – How it behaves while turning at speeds
- Driving Experience/Handling – Is the gearbox smooth and responsive, how is its steering/braking performance
A performance enthusiast looks for a car that provides an engaging and thrilling driving experience. Quick acceleration, high top speed, agile handling, a responsive steering, and a powerful engine are top priorities.
Minimal turbo lag, stability at high speeds, a crisp gearbox or quick shifting automatics add to the fun. Strong brakes, traction control, bucket seats enhance control during aggressive driving.
Why Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Nissan Magnite are popular
The Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Nissan Magnite offer an exciting drive experience that appeals to performance enthusiasts.
Both sub-compact SUVs pack in powerful turbo-petrol engines displacing 1.0L and making around 100PS power. The responsive steering offers nimble handling while traction control maintains stability when pushing hard. The AMT auto gearbox or CVT in the Magnite allows quick shifts.
The lightweight monocoque construction minimizes body roll allowing confident cornering. Features like cruise control, auto headlamps aid high speed runs. Overall, a thrilling package for driving enthusiasts looking for fun within a budget.
Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Nissan Magnite variants shortlist in Rs 10-13 lakh range
For Maruti Suzuki Fronx, we have:
|Variant||Price (INR) as on 14 November 2023|
|Zeta Turbo AT||₹12,05,000|
|Alpha Turbo AT||₹12,97,000|
For Nissan Magnite, we have:
|Variant||Price (INR) as on 14 November 2023|
|Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt||₹10,86,000|
|Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt DT||₹11,02,000|
Maruti Fronx Zeta Turbo AT
The Maruti Fronx Zeta Turbo AT is attractively priced at ₹12.05 lakhs. The peppy 98.7PS turbo-petrol offers energetic acceleration. The responsive steering and sure-footed handling make it fun around corners. Overall a value for money performance variant. If you’re looking for tech-laden cars, you can read our comparison of the Fronx with Kia Sonet and Hyundai Venue.
Maruti Fronx Alpha Turbo AT
The Fronx Alpha Turbo AT adds more features and customization options. But the sporty driving experience remains similar to the cheaper Zeta variant. Hard to justify the ₹92,000 price premium just for some additional features. We have also compared the Fronx with Maruti Brezza for first-time car buyers.
Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt
The Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt at ₹10.86 lakhs is the most affordable variant here. The 98.6PS turbo-petrol engine delivers adequate poke. The light handling is engaging but high speed dynamics are less stable compared to the Maruti. Overall good value. If you’re a senior citizen car buyer, you can read our comparison of the Magnite with Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Our Pick for the Best variant among Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Nissan Magnite for Performance Enthusiasts
For an enthusiast focused on driving thrills, the Maruti Suzuki Fronx Zeta Turbo AT emerges as the best pick in this comparison.
The Fronx’s lively 98.7PS turbo-petrol engine offers stronger acceleration than the 98.6PS Magnite. The steering weighs up well at speed and offers better feedback than the Magnite’s over-assisted unit leading to more confident handling. The Magnite’s softer suspension results in more body roll while cornering.
The Fronx’s monocoque platform and precision built body keeps mass centralized resulting in dynamic agility. The Magnite’s higher center of gravity leads to relatively less stable dynamics. Safety tech like ESP and hill hold further allow safely pushing the Fronx to its limit.
Priced at just ₹12.05 lakhs the Fronx Zeta Turbo AT is excellent value considering its energetic motor and engaging handling. For budget-focused enthusiasts, it delivers maximum driving fun.
The Top 3 choices
- Maruti Suzuki Fronx Zeta Turbo AT
- Maruti Suzuki Fronx Alpha Turbo AT
- Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt
|Attributes||Maruti Suzuki Fronx Zeta Turbo AT||Maruti Suzuki Fronx Alpha Turbo AT||Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt|
|100PS Turbo Engine||Yes||Yes||Yes|
How to Pick the Right Car for You
- The Maruti Suzuki Fronx Zeta Turbo AT tops the list by offering an exciting blend of power and nimble handling at an affordable price point. The engine performance and sure-footed dynamics make it highly engaging to drive.
- The Fronx Alpha Turbo AT comes second with a similar spirited drive experience. But the added features don’t enhance the sporty character further while the price is higher.
- The Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT XV Premium Opt takes third place. The peppy engine provides quick acceleration but handling lacks the polish and stability of the Fronx. Still it offers reasonable value for money.
The Maruti Suzuki Fronx Zeta Turbo AT strikes the best balance of an energetic motor, sharp dynamics and accessible pricing. For enthusiasts focused on driving thrills, it deliver maximum value making it the top pick.
If you’re interested in reading more such face-to-face comparisons of popular car variants, head over to our Buying Advice section.