Bajaj launched their highly anticipated bike, the Dominar late last year. The bike is the brand’s flagship bike. Since the bike launched in January this year, there have already been a few accidents reported regarding the Dominar. Here is one serious accident featuring a Dominar:
Now the Dominar is a powerful bike, which also means it is quite quick. It is reported that this rider, was riding at a high speed when the bus in front of him suddenly came to a halt. Having less time to react, he happened to rear end the bus. The front end has gone under the bus as you can see from the images.
Surprisingly, the damage doesn’t seem to be very high. The headlamp has broken, the handle bar is damaged and the front tank cowl has been damaged too. While the chassis maybe intact, the same cannot be said about the front forks, which have taken the brunt of the impact. The bike may not be rideable in the current state.
Luckily, the rider got away with minor injuries, as per the report.
How to stay safe in such incidents?
- While you are riding, you need to be more aware of the surroundings. Unlike in a car where there is enough metal around to protect you, in case of a bike, you are exposed to the elements. Always make sure to keep a large gap between the vehicle in front of you, especially if you cannot see around it.
- Anticipate the traffic in front and react accordingly.
- Always wear riding gear. Even if it is a small trip, kindly wear riding gear. An accident is never planned, which means anything can go wrong even in a short distance, which means it is better to be prepared at all times.
- As the bikes get more and more powerful, controlling them becomes tougher. Make sure to ride patiently in traffic.
- If you really want to push your bike, opt for a track day or do so in private areas, where there is no possibility of anyone coming out suddenly.
- Opt for a bike with ABS, especially if you are looking for a high performance one.
About the bike
The bike is powered by a liquid cooled 373.3 cc engine that is derived from the Duke 390. It produces 34.5 Bhp and 35 Nm. and is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. It does the 0-100 sprint in 8.23 seconds and it can stop from 100-0 in 46.19 meters. Top speed is 148 kmph. It comes in two variants, one with ABS which is priced at Rs 1.52 lakhs and the one without ABS, which is priced at Rs 1.38 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi. In all, the Dominar is the coolest Bajaj bike that has been built for a while now and it certainly is value for money.