Snapshot: Part III of CarToq’s India’s Best Modified Cars takes a looks at offerings lined up by AutoPsyche, a tuning house up north. This part features six interesting cars that have been tastefully modified. While some cars feature performance enhancements, the others feature cosmetic makeovers. All in all, the cars lined up in this list have been chosen to be visual treats and also to give car owners in India an idea to modify their own rides. Click here and here for Part I and II of CarToq’s India’s best modified cars lists.
Turbo Maruti Suzuki Swift RS
Maruti Suzuki officially introduced the Swift RS only last year, on the second generation model of the car. While the Swift RS launched by Maruti Suzuki is merely a bolt on body kit, the Swift RS from AutoPsyche is a different animal altogether. Looks wise, the car is just average but the serious kit under the hood means that this Swift RS is a seriously fast machine.
The custom Swift is a based on the first generation model featuring a 1.3 liter petrol engine. A turbo kit is the major performance hop up option while the body gets a complete once over, replete with scissor doors, custom parts and a panoramic sunroof.
- Custom bumpers and body skirts
- Vented hood design
- Blue and white paint scheme
- Projector headlamps
- Scissor doors
- 16 inch alloy wheels and upsized rubber
- Leather sports seats
- Webasto panoramic fabric sunroof
- Turbo kit
- Tein coilover suspension
- Mintex brakes
Project Cruzer II based on the Chevrolet Cruze
The Chevrolet Cruze is the most powerful turbo diesel D-Segmenter in India and a hot favourite amongst folks who like big torque and straight line acceleration. The custom Cruze from AutoPsyche, called the Project Cruzer II, derives inspiration from the World Touring Car Championships.
A racy paint job follows. Under the hood, the Cruze gets an ECU remap for more power and torque while a K&N cold air intake and a revised exhaust allow the remap to perform to its true potential.
- Custom “Gulf Racing” paint job
- Custom spoiler, front and rear bumper
- 18 inch alloy wheels running on 235/40 tyres
- LED Head and tail lamps
- ECU remap, K&N intake & quad exhaust
- Bilstein B14 coilover suspension
- Carbonfiber exterior and interior detailing
2010 Honda “The Sith” Accord
The Accord is a tuner favourite what with loads of tuning options available for Honda engines worldwide. However, “The Sith” Accord from AutoPsyche is less about hop up kits and more about design mods. The car gets a body kit in mean black, tall wheels, thick rubber and a snarly Remus exhaust. Inside, the stereo comes into focus with interesting bits that will keep audiophiles glued.
- Custom bodykit and paint job
- Projector head lamps
- Smoked LED tail lamps
- Daytime running LEDs
- 18 inch alloy wheels with 245/4o rubber
- Llumar tints
- Remus titanium twin exhaust
- Image Dynamics IDMax subs x 2
- Image Dynamics Q600 mono x 2
- Rainbow Kraftwerk 4 channel amp
- Rainbow Soundline kickbass compos
- Dynamat damping
- Chord & Bull audio wiring
- Custom fiberglass enclosures
Mitsubishi Project Lancer
Another hot favourite among tuners, the Mitsubishi Lancer sees a variety of mods, from sleepers with turbo engines borrowed from the Evo line and heavily modified customs with body kits and ravishing paint jobs. Project Lancer from AutoPsyche is mainly a cosmetic job with minor tweaks to improve performance. The car’s design and graphics adds visual muscle. Like “The Sith” Accord, the Project Lancer gets an audiophile oriented sound system.
- Custom body kit
- Arctic White paintjob,
- Beige leather interior detailing
- Bull audio amps, subs and speakers
- Typhoon air intake
- SS header downpipe
- Carbonfiber muffler
- Projector Headlamps & xenons
- LED tail lamps
- 17″ alloy wheels with 215/40 tyres
Toyota Fortuner Monster Mod
The imposing Toyota Fortuner has plenty of street cred. The big and butch SUV gets blown up to even bigger proportions through AutoPsyche’s Monster Mod. The SUV gets a mean front bumper, a massive bull bar up front, alloy wheels running hefty mud terrain tyres, a lift kit that makes the SUV taller than the stock model, and then the customary snorkel to round off the “go anywhere” look.
- Ironman 2″ lift kit
- Ironman snorkel intake
- 17 inch alloy wheels
- 265/70 Maxxis Bighorn M/T tyres
- Ironman front bumper and bull bar
Volkswagen Jetta Project JetStream
The Volkswagen Jetta is a sedan with true blue Germanic looks and assured handling to boot. The design can appear a bit plain Jane for those who want some bling. Without compromising on the Teuton design, AutoPsyche’s Project JetStream bumps up power and torque of the car while also tastefully modifying the car’s exterior for a subtle yet classy design. The car runs a remapped 2 liter TDI turbo diesel engine and a 6 speed DSG automatic gearbox.
- 190 Bhp remap
- H&R sport springs
- Bilstein B6 dampers
- Tarox slotted brake rotors and pads
- Green intake filter and Magnaflow exhaust
- 18 inch alloy wheels with 235/40 tyres
- Custom paint job for roof, grille and spoiler
- Neuspeed turbo hose and Hotchkis rear sway bar
- Traction control disable button