Kia Carens receives more than 50,000 bookings

The Kia Carens is off to a flying start. The latest offering from Kia Motors India has just crossed the milestone of 50,000 bookings across the country, thus emulating the success of its siblings like the Sonet and Seltos. The Kia Carens was launched in India on 15th February 2022 at an introductory starting price of Rs 8.99 lakh, with the range going up to Rs 16.99 lakh for the top-spec variants.

Kia Carens receives more than 50,000 bookings

There are some interesting facts regarding the demand for Kia Carens in India. According to the latest statistics revealed by Kia, the top-spec Luxury and Luxury Plus variants of the Carens are generating the highest demands. Around 45 per cent of the total bookings of the Carens collected to date are for these two top-spec variants, which come with both 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine options.

In addition to this, around 50 per cent of the total bookings collected are for the diesel-powered variants, indicating that there is still a strong demand for diesel-powered cars, especially in the utility vehicle segment. The Kia Carens is offered with a 1.5-litre diesel engine, which produces 115 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque, and is available with both the transmission options of a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.

Carens popular in Urban Regions

Kia Carens receives more than 50,000 bookings

Another interesting detail about the demand for Kia Carens in India is that around 60 per cent of the total bookings generated have come from Tier-I and Tier-II cities. This strong demand coming from smaller Tier-II cities should be helpful for Kia to strengthen its position and widen its base around the country. The rest 40 per cent of the bookings are coming from Tier-III cities and rural areas, which again is a good development in the progress of Kia Motors in India.

Lastly, the automatic variants of the Kia Carens are also witnessing good traction among buyers. Around 30 per cent of the total bookings are for the automatic variants. The Carens is available with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission with the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and a 6-speed torque converter with the 1.5-litre diesel.

Kia Carens receives more than 50,000 bookings

Apart from the 1.5-litre diesel, the Kia Carens is offered with two petrol engine options – a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine, which produces 115 PS of power and 144 Nm of torque, and a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine, which churns out 140 PS of power and 242 Nm of torque. Apart from the automatic transmission choices mentioned above, a 6-speed manual gearbox is offered as the standard transmission for all three powertrain choices.

Launched on 15th February 2022, the Kia Carens has found around 5,300 new homes in just 13 days of February 2022. Given the huge booking log, the sales numbers for the Carens will only get stronger in the coming months.

Shantonil Nag

Shantonil brings a refined blend of expertise and enthusiasm to motoring journalism at With a career spanning over 11 years, he anchors Cartoq's insightful car reviews and test drives. His journalistic journey began as a correspondent at, where he honed his skills in content writing and scripting car reviews. Later, as Senior Editor for, his expanded role included curating and structuring web content. At, his expanded role includes assisting the video team to create high-quality car reviews. (Full bio)