Lamborghini Urus Super SUV gets its mileage tested on Indian roads

The Urus is the best selling vehicle for Lamborghini. It is a very successful SUV in India too because many people have bought it. It is one of the sportiest SUVs that a person can buy but still, there would be someone in our country who would ask “Kitna deti hai?” or how much fuel efficiency does the vehicle deliver. These vehicles are owned by rich people generally and they can afford the fuel bills. Here, is a video in which the person has tested the fuel efficiency of the Lamborghini Urus.

The video is uploaded by Catch a Mile on his YouTube channel. In the video, we can see that the host enter’s his friend’s Lamborghini Urus. The Urus is finished in black exterior colour with neon green brake calipers. The interior is also finished in black and neon green colour that complements the exterior of the SUV. In the video, we can also see the 360-degree parking camera in action. The driver uses the bird’s eye view to navigate the Urus out of the parking garage.

The host asks the driver of the car about the fuel efficiency that the Urus returns. However, before the driver shows the fuel efficiency he floors the throttle and in a matter of few seconds, the SUV was doing 120 kmph. This would have caused the fuel efficiency to drop further. Finally, the driver reveals that the Urus returns just 2.4 kmpl and in the Corsa mode the fuel efficiency further drops down to 1.3 to 1.8 kmpl.

Lamborghini Urus Super SUV gets its mileage tested on Indian roads

Engine and transmission

Urus is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 petrol engine that has been twin-turbocharged. The engine produces 641 Bhp of max power and an enormous 850 Nm of torque. All this power is transferred to all four wheels through an 8-speed gearbox. Yes! Urus comes with an all-wheel-drive system that directs 40 percent of the power to the front wheels while the rear wheels get the rest 60 percent of the power.

Lamborghini Urus Super SUV gets its mileage tested on Indian roads

This engine has been used in many SUVs that are under Volkswagen. Audi uses it in RS7, RS6 Avant, RSQ8. Porsche uses it in the Panamera and Cayenne. Even Bentley uses this engine for the Bentayega SUV and Continental GT. Every manufacturer tunes the engine differently. So, the power and torque figures in every vehicle are a bit different and even the engine behaves differently in every car.

Lamborghini Urus Super SUV gets its mileage tested on Indian roads

Despite weighing a humongous 2.2 tonnes, Urus can propel from 0 to 100 kmph in just 3.6 seconds. The top speed of the SUV is 305 kmph but we have seen videos of Urus hitting 317 kmph on the NATRAX testing facility. The difference could be there because of some speedo error.

Lamborghini has sold more than 100 units of the Urus in India alone. It is so successful because it provides the best of both worlds. Urus has good ground clearance that ensures that it can tackle our bad roads fairly easily. It has decent practicality with a huge boot and it can seat 4 occupants comfortably. Then there is sports cars like looks and exhilarating performance.

Paarth Khatri

Paarth's passion for cars started by collecting newspaper clippings when he was just a toddler. He is obsessed with cars and technology and can talk about them all day. He has an undying love for cars with a manual transmission and is always ready to drive anything with 2 or 4 wheels. Being an audiophile his dream car is Lexus LFA, considering it is the best sounding car ever made. He would happily burn the last gallon of petrol for a lap in the Ariel Atom 500. (Full bio)