Lamborghini Urus Super SUV’s fuel economy test video on Indian roads

The Urus is currently the best-selling vehicle for Lamborghini, and it has also found great success as an SUV in India, with many people purchasing it. Despite being one of the sportiest SUVs on the market, some in our country still ask the age-old question, “Kitna deti hai?” or “What is its fuel efficiency?” While these vehicles are generally owned by the affluent who can afford the fuel bills, it is still a valid concern for some. Fortunately, there is a video on the internet in which an individual shows the fuel efficiency of the Lamborghini Urus.

The video has been uploaded by Catch a Mile on their YouTube channel. The vlogger is seen entering his friend’s Lamborghini Urus, which has a gloss black exterior with neon green brake calipers. The interior also follows a black and neon green color scheme that complements the SUV’s exterior. During the video, the 360-degree parking camera is showcased in action, with the driver utilizing the bird’s eye view to navigate the Urus out of the parking garage.

In this video, the vlogger inquires about the fuel efficiency of the Lamborghini Urus from the driver. However, before demonstrating the fuel efficiency, the driver floors the throttle, and within seconds the car or the SUV in this case was doing 120 kmph. This would inevitably lead to a further drop in fuel efficiency. Finally, the driver reveals that the Urus returns a mere 2.4 kmpl in regular mode, with the fuel efficiency dropping further down to 1.3 to 1.8 kmpl in Corsa mode. The maximum fuel efficiency driver has achieved in this Urus is 3.5 kmpl.

Lamborghini Urus Super SUV’s fuel economy test video on Indian roads
Lamborghini Urus in black shade

Talking about the Lamborghini Urus, it is equipped with a 4.0-liter V8 petrol engine with twin turbochargers. The SUV produces an impressive 641 Bhp of maximum power and an enormous 850 Nm of torque. This power is sent to the wheels through an 8-speed gearbox. The SUV also features an all-wheel-drive system, with 40 percent of the power directed to the front wheels and the remaining 60 percent to the rear wheels.

The 4.0-liter V8 petrol engine utilized in the Urus has been employed in various SUVs under the Volkswagen Group. Audi features this engine in models such as the RS7, RS6 Avant, and RSQ8. Porsche implements it in the Panamera and Cayenne, while Bentley uses this engine for the Bentayga SUV and Continental GT. Each manufacturer tunes the engine differently, resulting in varying power and torque figures among different vehicles. Additionally, the engine’s behavior differs from car to car.

Lamborghini Urus Super SUV’s fuel economy test video on Indian roads
Lamborghini Urus interior

Despite its weight of a whopping 2.2 tonnes, the Urus can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in just 3.6 seconds. The SUV boasts a top speed of 305 kmph, but there have been videos of the Urus hitting 317 kmph at the NATRAX testing facility. The difference could be due to a speedometer error. Lamborghini launched Urus in 2018 and it quickly became popular among buyers around the world. It also became the fastest-selling Lamborghini in India. Many celebs and billionaire businessmen have already bought this expensive Super SUV. It is also the only Lamborghini that can comfortably seat four passengers and has a five doors.