India’s leading automotive company Mahindra has recently announced car leasing service which will allow potential customers to lease a car for up to five years. The company is offering a host of vehicle options at various price levels to suit the user’s needs.
According to a press release, the lease option scheme will be available on entry level sports utility vehicle (SUV) KUV100, compact sports utility vehicle TUV300, mid-sized SUV Scorpio, multi-purpose vehicle Marazzo and premium sports utility vehicle XUV500.
The price tab for the lease scheme starts at Rs. 13,499 per month for a KUV100NXT and going up to Rs 32,999 per month for an XUV500. The Mahindra TUV300, Scorpio and Marazzo are available at different prices.
Mahindra promises a hassle free customer experience along with a peace of mind factor as the main benefits of the scheme. It has partnered with Orix and ALD Automotive as distribution and maintenance partners for this offering. The project will include services such as insurance, end to end maintenance, on road assistance, accidental repairs, 24 hours replacement vehicle, etc, along with catering to full customer satisfaction.
The leased vehicle will be available for period of up to 5 years depending on the city and model selected. Upon its launching, the service will be made available in six cities- Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and New Delhi. Later on, the company plans to expand the service to 19 more cities across the country.
- Upon inquiring further, we got to know from the project partners that the car will be made available after 2-3 days of payment and official formalities completion. The cars will be given on contract basis and monthly fees will be automatically charged.
- Upon being late for the monthly deposit, reminders will be given out followed by penalty and dire action if there is no/negative response from the customer’s side.
- The leased car will have regular white number plates and will look like normal models. So, the Mahindra KUV100, TUV300, Scorpio, Marazzo & XUV500 that customers will lease will be no different from the cars that others buy.
- No accident cost has to be borne by the customer, but exceptions could be made depending on the case.
- Also, unlike what some rivals like Zoomcar’s Zap Subscribe service provides, the lease vehicle can’t be shared with other users of the service if it’s not going to be used for a long time.