Mahindra has just launched the Nuvosport compact SUV, a vehicle that’s essentially a heavily restyled Quanto with more features to boot. The Nuvosport sits above the TUV300 in terms of price and positioning. Prices start at 7.35 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Thane.
Variant-wise ex-showroom Thane prices of the Nuvosport are as follows:
N4: 7.35 lakhs, N4+: 7.65 lakhs, N6: 8.36 lakhs, N6 AMT: 9 lakhs, N8: 9.12 lakhs and N8 AMT: 9.76 lakhs.
Based on the facelifted Scorpio’s third generation platform, the Nuvosport can seat seven, with captain seats on the front row, a reclining bench for the middle row and two jump seats in the boot. It gets the same 1.5 liter twin scroll turbocharger equipped diesel engine that powered the Quanto, with 98.6 Bhp-240 Nm on tap.
A 5 speed manual gearbox is standard while an automated manual transmission is offered as an option. The vehicle gets a 17.29 Kmpl ARAI mileage rating across variants, and gets ABS+EBD and twin airbags as the safety equipment on all but the base variant.
Meanwhile, here’s the full list of the prominent features on the Nuvosport,
- Cruise Control
- Steering mounted audio controls
- LED DRLs
- Double DIN stereo with Bluetooth
- Electrically adjustable wing mirrors
- Arm rests for driver and passenger
- 12V charging sockets at the front and rear
- 8 way adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support
- 7 seat layout with twin jump seats
- Rear seat with 60:40 split
- 6.2 inch touchscreen infotainment interface
- Flat floor in the boot