Mahindra is going all out to give the Scorpio Facelift big traction right from the word go. The automaker has tied up with online marketplace Snapdeal for marketing the SUV, and bookings for the Scorpio Facelift are now open on Snapdeal. What’s more, the booking amount for the Scorpio even has an EMI option, in what is definitely the first in the industry. The booking amount of 20,000 rupees is fully refundable considering the fact that a prospective buyer who books the Scorpio SUV Facelift through Snapdeal is doing so without even seeing the vehicle, or for that matter knowing its variant wise prices.
Meanwhile, a gist of what will be offered on each variant of the Facelifted Scorpio SUV is now available on Snapdeal,
- The S2 variant will use a 2.5 liter-4 cylinder M2DiCR turbo diesel engine with 75 Bhp-220 Nm outputs. A five speed manual gearbox will be standard. Serving as the base variant of the Scorpio range, the S2 is meant for semi-urban and rural markets of the country, where its low purchase price and high brand value are major draws.
- The S4 variant will be the entry model with the 2.2 liter-4 cylinder mHawk turbo diesel engine (120 Bhp-290 Nm) in tow. The SUV will also get a newly developed 5 speed manual gearbox that drives its rear wheels. A few months down the line, Mahindra is also expected to offer a four wheel drive system on the S4 variant, which is essentially the LX trim in the new Scorpio range.
- The S6 variant will gain 2DIN audio system and body coloured interiors. Mahindra will also offer a S6+ variant, which gets a driver airbag and ABS+EBD as standard fare. The S6 variant will be rear wheel driven and is meant to be the SLE variant’s replacement.
- The S8 variant of the Scorpio will add Dual Airbags and ABS+EBD as standard safety features. Alloy wheels are the other major additions on the S8 variant. The S8 variant will retain the rear wheel drive layout, the 5 speed manual transmission and the 2.2 liter mHawk turbo diesel engine.
- The S10 variant of the Scorpio is the replacement of the VLX model of the pre-facelift SUV. Dual Airbags, ABS+EBD, Alloy Wheels, an advanced touch-screen infotainment system, Rain & Light sensors for wipers and headlamps respectively, Steering mounted Audio & Cruise controls, Reverse Parking Assist and Micro-Hybrid technology are a few of the features on offer.
The new Scorpio comes with completely revised exteriors while the interiors also see many design changes. Under the skin, the Scorpio SUV Faeclift gets wider track at the front and the rear, and this change should make the new SUV more stable than the outgoing model. The suspension of the Scorpio Facelift also gets a full revision, with an independent set up at the front and a torsion beam set up at the rear being retained. 17 inch alloy wheels, a hydraulic bonnet opening mechanism and projector headlamps are the few other notable features on the new SUV.