A new notification by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) says that there is no need to visit an RTO office to renew a driving license anymore. People can now also get various other services without visiting an RTO including attaining a learner’s driving license, vehicle registration and more. The services are now available and you can use these too.
MoRTH has announced the new services based on the Adhar card number of the citizen. There are a total of 18 services for which you do not require to visit an RTO anymore. The new announcement comes three weeks after MoRTH issued a draft order to integrate the Adhar authentication with a few services. The government has decided to make it simpler for users to get services without visiting an RTO. The step comes after several RTOs reported massive crowding during the times of an ongoing pandemic.
What are the services that you can avail yourself online?
You can get your driving license renewed online and apart from that, you use the Adhar authentication to get several services. This includes attaining a learner’s driving license, renewal of a driving license, getting a duplicate driving license, availing an international driving permit, applying for temporary registration, obtaining a registration certificate, surrendering the driving license to obtain a new class.
“In order to provide convenient and hassle-free services to the citizen, the Ministry shall make all the required arrangements for wide publicity through media and individual notices to make citizens aware of the requirements of Aadhaar for availing contactless services through implementing agencies,” stated MoRTH in the notification.
Services available through Aadhaar authentication:
- Learner’s licence
- Renewal of driving licence for which test of competence to drive is not required
- Duplicate driving licence
- Change of address in driving licence and certificate of registration
- Issue of international driving permit
- Surrender of a class of vehicle from licence
- Application for temporary registration of motor vehicle
- Application for registration of the motor vehicle with fully built body
- Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
- Application for grant of NOC for certificate of registration
- Notice of transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
- Application for transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
- Intimation of change of address in certificate of registration
- Application for registration for driver training from accredited driver training centre
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
- Application for assignment of fresh registration mark of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement
How to get these services with Adhar authentication?
All these services can be availed after the user inputs the Adhar number online and then authenticates it through an OTP. The website for the services is not common. Your RTO will have dedicated websites to offer these services. If you staying in the NCT of Delhi, you can visit Sarathi Website and get all the services that we have listed above. The other RTOs have also started updating their respective websites with the new services.