Snapshot: Renault India has launched the facelifted Koleos SUV in India, ahead of the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. To build some buzz around the SUV, the French car maker has given away the first Koleos SUV to Mr Salman Khan, a Indian actor who is one of the most popular ones at the moment. Apart from the facelift, the 2014 Koleos is now available in three variants.
The Koleos Facelift starts from 22.33 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi for the 4X2 drive, 6 speed manual gearbox (MT) equipped version while the 4X4 MT and 4X4 6 speed automatic are priced at 25.14 lakh rupees and 26.19 lakh rupees respectively.
The 4X2 MT variant of the Koleos serves as the base variant and retains the 2 liter DCi turbo diesel engine with a 148 Bhp-320 Nm output while the 4X4 MT and 4X4 AT models get a more powerful (170 Bhp-360 Nm) state of tune for the 2 liter DCi turbo diesel engine.
Coming to the facelifted bits on the car, the changes are hard to discern except perhaps to the trained eye. Changes to the exteriors of the SUV include:
- Revised front grille with a chrome finish
- Chrome rub strips on the flanks
- Satin finish for the roof rails
- LED turn indicators on the wing mirrors
- Revised design for the 17 inch alloy wheels
- Hill Start Assist
- Hill Descent Control
- Electronic Stability Program
- 6 airbags replaced by driver and passenger airbags
- Bose Audio System