Skoda India has unveiled a new edition of its best selling car model, the Rapid C-Segment sedan. The Skoda Rapid Ultima Special Edition has been launched in India, at a price of 8.33 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. The Rapid’s Ultima Edition represents the second car launch of the year for Volkswagen group owned Czech car brand Skoda, with the first being the Superb Facelift. In the coming months, Skoda will launch the facelifted Yeti in India.
So, what’s new about the Rapid Ultima Edition?
Visually, Skoda has a added twin stripes, running bumper to bumper. These stripes give the Rapid Ultima a sporty appearance, akin to GT cars. The flanks of the Rapid Ultima also features an exterior decal that runs alongside its flanks, from the head lamps to the tail lamps. Apart from these visual changes, the Rapid Ultima gets a slew of features and creature comforts, most of which have been seen on Special Edition versions of the Rapid sedan launched before.
Here’s a round up:
- Projector head lamps
- Revised 7 spoke alloy wheel design (not in image)
- Garmin and Tom-Tom navigation
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Steering wheel with audio controls
- Parking sensors
- Artificial Leather Seat Covers
- Additional airbags in middle variant
- Floor mats and door sill guards with Ultima insignia
- Ambition Plus Petrol MT INR 8,33,156
- Elegance Petrol MT INR 8,95,355
- Ambition Plus Petrol AT INR 9,30,915
- Elegance Petrol AT INR 9,91,920
- Ambition Plus Diesel MT INR 9,40,788
- Elegance Diesel MT INR 9,97,661