Advertisement

Tata Nexon EV imagined as a 7-seater MPV

Tata Nexon EV is currently the most affordable and most selling electric SUV in the Indian market. Due to which it also does not have a direct competitor. Now, an artist has imagined the Nexon EV as a family MPV. Well, the future of personal transport is electric. So, sooner or later we would see an MPV that will be electric. The rendering has been done by SRK Designs and the video has been uploaded on YouTube.

You would notice that the changes start after the B-pillar. The front fascia is the same as the regular Nexon. So, there are sleek headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lamps and projector headlamps. The front looks very similar to a Land Rover Discovery. The Blue accents are also on the MPV.

At the side, there are the precision-cut alloy wheels that we have seen on the Harrier and the Safari. We do not know if the alloy wheels measure 17-inches or 18-inches. The differences start from the rear door which is longer than the regular Nexon. This has been done so that the rear occupants can easily get in and get out of the MPV.

Tata Nexon EV imagined as a 7-seater MPV

The tailgate is also more upright to accommodate the third-row of seats. There is also a rear quarter window so that the third-row occupants do not feel claustrophobic. The rear of the Nexon 7 seater is not rendered by the artist. You might see some design elements of the Tata Hexa in the rendering. Having said that the Hexa has now been discontinued by the homegrown manufacturer.

The Nexon EV is the best selling electric vehicle in India. In fact, 6 out of 10 electric cars that are sold in India are Nexon EV. It is offered in three variants namely XM, XZ+, and XZ+ Lux. The base XM variant is priced at Rs. 13.99 lakhs ex-showroom, the XZ+ is priced at Rs. 15.56 lakhs ex-showroom and the top-end XZ+ Lux is priced at Rs. 16.56 lakhs ex-showroom.

Tata Nexon EV imagined as a 7-seater MPV

The Nexon EV comes with a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery that gives an ARAI claimed range of 312 km. However, the real-world range would be less. The battery takes 60 minutes to go up to 80 percent when you use a DC fast charger. The home wall box charger on the other hand would take 8 hours to charge from 20 percent to 80 percent. The battery comes with IP67 waterproofing and an 8-year warranty.

Tata Nexon EV imagined as a 7-seater MPV

The electric motor of the Nexon EV can produce 129 PS of max power and a peak torque output of 245 Nm. The electric motors drive the front wheels only. All that torque is available instantly as soon as you put your foot down. We have seen Tata Nexon EV beating Kia Seltos’s diesel version in a drag race.

The Nexon EV is also very well equipped. It comes with a 7-inch TFT screen with an analogue speedometer, multi-information display, electric sunroof, push-button to start/stop, keyless entry, automatic headlamps, rear parking camera and much more. It also comes with 35 connected car features. It can give you vehicle alerts, trip analytics, remote commands, geo-fencing, safety features and much more.