Every other day, there are dozens of new ads from superbike owners, trying to sell their motorcycles at prices much lower than what they originally bought it for. In fact, superbikes – like supercars and sportscars – are depreciation disasters, and it’s not uncommon for a 2 year-old, sparingly used superbike to lose about 40 % of its value. However, a lot of prospective superbike owners are wary of purchasing a superbike from the pre-owned bike market as they mostly have no idea about how the previous owner used the superbike and whether it was involved in an accident. Triumph Motorcycles has just stepped into the pre-owned superbike business, and has begun selling pre-owned superbikes through its Indian dealers, and also through its official website. The program is called Approved Triumph.
Triumph aims to make buying a used superbike an experience as pleasant as buying a brand new superbike, and the motorcycle maker will ensure peace of mind for you the buyer through the following steps.
- Every buyer opting for a pre-owned superbike through the Triumph Assured Program gets a 1 year, unlimited kilometer warranty, which means that peace-of-mind is guaranteed
- To ensure that only good quality motorcycles are sold through the Approved Triumph program, Triumph will put the superbikes it sells through a rigorous multi-point check. This multipoint check is meant to ensure that the Triumph superbike you end up buying through the Approved Triumph program is a fault-free model.
- As a further sweetener to the deal, Triumph will offer a 1 year roadside assistance package with every superbike sold through the Approved Triumph program.
- The Approved Triumph program will provide a valid PUC for every superbike sold, assist the new owner in RTO formalities for seamless ownership transfer, and provide vehicle service and ownership history.
- Triumph will also offer loan schemes on its used superbikes to make purchasing these machines a lot more accessible to a wide set of buyers.
So, how do I buy one?
- Visit your nearest Triumph showroom, and check out the various used superbikes listed for sale under the Triumph Assured program.
- By logging onto Triumph’s website and clicking on this link: Triumph Assured Program. You can see various Triumph superbikes listed, along with images and mileage details.
Can I sell my Triumph superbike back to Triumph?
Yes, you can. For details, click here.
Meanwhile, this is what Mr. Shoeb Farooq, Business Head, Triumph Motorcycles India, had to say about the Triumph Assured used superbike program:
We continuously put efforts to come up with innovative and practical ideas to assist our customers. The program has been introduced basis our customers’ demand for an official pre-owned motorcycle business. With this program we aim to attract new customers and enable them to own their dream Triumph at an attractive price point, one-year warranty, and ensured required technical checks for a smoother experience. This program will open doors for more customers to be a part of the Triumph family and experience the brand and its motorcycles.