Volkswagen India has just introduced a new variant of the Polo in the form of the Volkswagen Cross Polo. All those of you who were waiting for the Cross Polo, thinking it would be an alternative to a compact SUV, you will stand disappointed – this is nothing but a Polo diesel with cosmetic add-ons. The Volkswagen Cross Polo is priced at Rs. 7.75 lakh ex-showroom Delhi, which is about Rs. 63,000 more than the regular Highline variant of the Polo.
So what do you get for that extra Rs. 63,000? Well, what’s immediately visible is the black plastic cladding, roof rails and chunky alloys, with the smoked out headlamps. But there are quite a few more small changes as well. The car comes in three different colours – red, silver and black. Also read: Will Volkswagen Cross Polo and Punto Adventure work in India?
Here’s the list of changes that are present in the Volkswagen Cross Polo:
Exterior of Cross Polo
- New grille with chrome accent, thicker “Cross” bumpers in matt black with silver accents.
- Five spoke 15-inch alloy wheels.
- Full side black cladding and silver roof rails along with silver coloured door mirror covers, with Cross Polo badging on the rear doors.
- Smoked out headlamps (single-beam, not twin beam like the European Polo).
- Heat insulating glass for windscreen and all windows, including rear window.
Interior of Cross Polo
- New black, striped Livon upholstery, leather wrapped steering, gear and handbrake
- Sunglass holder in glove box, parcel tray at the rear, chrome beading and door handles.
Features of Cross Polo
- Climatronic, automatic climate control air-conditioning with pollen filter.
- 2-DIN music system with USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth and four speakers
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Rear parking sensors
- Dual front airbags
- ABS equipped brakes
- Anti-pinch system on all four power windows
The cladding and roof rails do make the car stand out. However, the engine is the same three-cylinder 1.2 litre diesel engine that puts out 75 bhp of power and 180 Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual transmission driving the front wheels. Would you be willing to pay Rs. 63,000 more just for these cosmetic add-ons that the car comes with over and above the regular diesel Highline variant? Tell us.
Want to see your photo feature about that exciting road trip published on Cartoq? Share your details here