2015 will see Volkswagen launching the facelifted Jetta in India. The first spyshots of an on-test Jetta Facelift have hit the interweb. The car’s facelifted version will get minor design changes on the outside with slight detailing changes on the inside. The facelifted Jetta is expected to be Volkswagen’s first major launch in 2015. first launched in 1979, the Jetta has been around for three and a half decades and Volkswagen has sold over 14 million examples of this car, making the Jetta one of the best selling sedans ever. The Jetta is positioned in India’s D-Segment sedan space and is CKD assembled at Volkswagen’s Chakan factory.
The facelifted version of the Jetta gets the following cosmetic changes:
- A new front grille, revised headlamps and a reprofiled bumper
- A duck tail spoiler on the boot and a new rear bumper
- Daytime running LEDs at front and an adaptive function for the headlamps
- Redesigned rail gutters and an open-shut feature for the front grille in order to improve aerodynamics
On the inside, the car gains the following changes:
- Chrome surround for the instrumentation cluster and climate control module
- Multi-function steering wheel
- New AC vent design
- Piano black finish for the center console and gearshift housing
- Ambient lighting
- New seats and fabric
Volkswagen’s upcoming cars and SUVs for the Indian market
Internationally, the Jetta Facelift is available with turbo petrol, turbo diesel and petrol-hybrid power options. In the Indian car market, Volkswagen is expected to retain the 1.4 liter TSI turbo petrol and 2.0 liter TDI turbo diesel engines, with boosted power and torque outputs. The 1.4 liter TSI motor now makes 138 Bhp-200 Nm while the 2.0 liter TDI mill makes 148 Bhp-320 Nm. A 6 speed manual will drive the front wheels on the TSI petrol engined Jetta while a 6 speed twin clutch DSG automatic gearbox will be the transmission option on the 2 liter TDI diesel engined model. The Jetta Facelift is expected to be carry a minor upward price revision over the current model.